Okay so here's where the part I'm unsure about comes along........
Right now i have a tentative surgery date for December 26, 2012. sounds perfect right??? not.
After we made that i realized that starting the first week of january i have show choir competitions and practices!! :( :( This year i finally made varsity show choir (and love it), so i would be so devastated to have to miss our competitions.
im not sure how long it will take me personally to recover enough stamina to compete, plus the swelling etc. idk! :(
So, after my mom and I realized this... we wanted to change the date. originally i just wanted to push it back to next summer. but that just seems SOOO far away! right? but i figured i loved show choir enough to wait.
but THEN a few days ago i had an ortho appt. my mom asked my orthodontist about my surgery date and he said christmas would be the best time... he said that my teeth would be moved into the best spot by then and it wouldn't be the best to wait ALL the way to the summer with my braces and such. so we asked him about the recovery time hoping i could possibly still do show choir!! :( he asked if i could maybe ask my school if i could take finals early and have it the week before christmas which might give me enough recovery time. that actually sounded like a good plan to me :)
but, i have an appt with my jaw surgeon at the end of august (yay!) and we will talk more about the recovery time then :) i just want to get this surgery out of the way... ive been waiting for it for too long!
sorry!! im trying to get all of these thoughts out of my brain. i think writing them down just might help. thanks for bearing with it.
HA. i love how i feel like someone is actually reading this.... but even if it is just me, myself, and i.... it's all good:)
love to all,